5 The Green
Woodstock, VT 05091
Email Phone: 802-457-2600 Fax: 802-457-2611
John is consistently a top-producing broker because of his dedication and enthusiasm for helping clients. Again in 2017, he was the #1 broker of all offices in the Woodstock-Hanover Upper Valley area, and the #1 luxury broker in the entire State of Vermont - underscoring a consistently high level of professionalism and work ethic. He excels in luxury real estate – working with buyers and sellers - but also enjoys helping his many friends and neighbors who already call this special part of Vermont and New Hampshire home.
He brings to the real estate business a background in global finance and marketing, with a prior career at JP Morgan Investment in New York, where he ultimately ran a $30 billion portfolio management business. He then headed capital raising and client relationship management at a $3 billion private investment fund based in Greenwich, CT. More than a decade ago, John and his wife, Ellen, relocated their young family to the area. They have designed, renovated and built many lovely homes over the years, and thoroughly enjoy the process. John is always enthusiastic about sharing those design-renovation ideas and experiences with his clients.
John has travelled extensively (28 countries and 46 of the U.S. states), yet is very actively involved in our local community and has served on or chaired several local boards including the Thompson Senior Center, local zoning board, high school board, the Barnard Education Foundation, and also served as a firefighter in the local volunteer fire department. John earned a BA-History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and an MBA-Finance & Marketing from Cornell University, during which time he was selected to attend the London Business School, where he earned highest honors.
John's hobbies include hiking with his family and their two jack russell terriers, Poppy and Finn, snowshoeing, biking, golf, skiing, and playing live music. John mostly enjoys the quality of life and the healthy, beautiful outdoors of Vermont and New Hampshire.
Significant Luxury Sales:
Recent Luxury Sales
- GRACEMERE - South Woodstock - $3,750,000 Sold/Closed
- SUNNYSIDE - South Woodstock - $3,350,000 Sold/Closed
- WYMAN LANE - Woodstock - $3,050,000 Sold/Closed
- PETERKIN HILL - South Woodstock - $3,000,000 Sold/Closed
- LONG WAY HILL - Barnard - $2,650,000 Sold/Closed
- SILVER FOX FARM - Woodstock - $2,100,000 Sold/Closed
- WEED HILL - Hartland - $2,090,000 Sold/Closed
- TWIN PONDS - Barnard - $2,000,000 Sold/Closed
- 16 PLEASANT STREET - Woodstock - $1,750,000 Sold/Closed
- STONE POND - Barnard - $1,450,000 Sold/Closed
- RANDALL ROAD - Woodstock - $1,370,000 Sold/Closed
- MOOSE HILL - Barnard - $1,320,000 Sold/Closed
- SIX WILLOWS FARM - Hartland - $1,300,000 Sold/Closed
- HIGH VIEW COTTAGE - Bridgewater - $1,350,000 Sold/Closed
- BROOK CROSSING - Pomfret - $1,150,000 Sold/Closed
- DENSMORE HILL - Hartland - $1,150,000 Sold/Closed
- NOAH WOOD ROAD - South Woodstock - $1,080,000 Sold/Closed
- KEDRON VALLEY FARM - South Woodstock - $1,030,000 Sold/Closed
- CARLTON HILL - Woodstock - $1,022,000 Sold/Closed
- OATWAY FARM - Pomfret - $1,100,000 Sold/Closed
- WILLOW POOL FARM - Pomfret - $1,000,000 Sold/Closed
- 11 MOUNTAIN AVE - Woodstock - $1,000,000 Sold/Closed